Types of Information Collected
RUBICON CENTRE, may obtain, hold and process the personal data of Rubicon Centre Client’s (past and present), Current Programme Participant’s, Former Programme Participant’s, Mentees, Trainers, Mentor’s and other Government and Public Stakeholders. It may obtain, hold and process the sensitive personal data and special category data.
The following types of personal data may be collected;
- Name, contact information (address, email address, telephone numbers), date of birth, nationality and country of domicile. In very limited circumstances we may also collect PPS number and passport number
- Information relating to education and training records
- Information relating to meetings held.
How we Collect Information
Personal data and sensitive personal data/special category data held by RUBICON CENTRE, relating to individuals is obtained directly from the Individual, or in some cases from a third party organisation involved in the services provided by RUBICON CENTRE. which has obtained the information in the first instance (for example Local Enterprise Offices.).
Personal data may be collected in a number of ways as follows;
- Directly from information you provide to us expressing an interest in becoming a Client, Programme participant and/or through the application or registration processes.
- Directly from other Government and Public Stakeholders which processes applications for training programmes run by RUBICON CENTRE.
- Directly from other Government and Public Stakeholders which refer applications for mentoring by RUBICON CENTRE.
Purpose of Collecting Information
RUBICON CENTRE, holds the personal data and sensitive personal data/special category data of its Clients (past and present), Current Programme Participants, Former Programme Participants, Mentees, Trainers, Mentors and other Government and Public Stakeholders in order to implement and manage all services and processes relating to its business operations/services. Only information required for these purposes is obtained and processed, and without it RUBICON CENTRE, may not be able to provide its services. Information is passed between various sections of RUBICON CENTRE, for operational reasons as is necessary and proportionate for intended purposes.
We may use information collected for the following purposes;
- To contact clients in relation to relevant business functions and events.
- To allow the Rubicon Centre invoice for services provided.
- To inform clients of impending changes or related works within the Centre.
- To track progress of individuals or companies.
- To link individuals or companies with external stakeholders.
Basis for Processing Information
The processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of the contract under which we provide services or to progress expressions of interest and enquiries. We may also process your personal data because it is necessary for the performance of our tasks carried out in the individuals interest or because it is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests. We may also process your personal data for our compliance with our legal obligations. We may also process your personal data if it is necessary to protect your or another person’s vital interests; or if we have your specific or, where necessary, explicit consent to do so.
RUBICON CENTRE may disclose personal data and sensitive personal data/special category data to external agencies to which it has obligations or a legitimate reason including the following;
- Enterprise Ireland
- Local Enterprise Offices
- Other partners
This is not an exhaustive list and any other disclosures to third parties not listed here are made only where there is legitimate reason to do so and in accordance with the law.
Individuals whose personal data and sensitive personal data/special category data is held by the Rubicon Centre have the following rights regarding their data:
- The right to be informed.
- The right to request access to their personal data held by the Rubicon Centre.
- The right to rectification – to have inaccurate or incomplete personal data rectified.
- The right to erasure of personal data – this will only apply where there is no legitimate reason for the Rubicon Centre to continue to process the personal data. If you exercise your right to erasure, we will retain a core set of personal data which, for client or programme alumni, will include: name, address, email, telephone number and unique identification number so that we do not contact you inadvertently in future. We may also need to retain some financial records about you.
- The right to restrict the processing of personal data – individuals have the right to block the processing of their personal data by the Rubicon Centre in specific situations.
- The right to data portability – clients have the right to request provision of some elements of their information (for example programme participation details) in digital form in order to provide it to other organisations.
- The right to object – clients can object to the processing of their personal data by the Rubicon Centre in certain circumstances, including the sending and receipt of direct marketing material.
- The right to object to automated decision making and profiling – individuals have the right to object to decisions taken by automatic means without human intervention in some circumstances.
Where the processing of personal data or sensitive personal data/special category data is based on the consent of the client, they have the right to withdraw their consent at any time by contacting the department or service who obtained that consent or the RUBICON CENTRE’s, Operations Manager.
If you are unhappy with RUBICON CENTRE’s handling of your personal data, or believe that the requirements of the Data Protection Acts or GDPR may not be fully complied with, you should contact the RUBICON CENTRE’s Operations Manager in the first instance. You also have the right to submit a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner.
We will hold your data indefinitely [to remain connected with the entrepreneurial community], or until you ask us to do otherwise. If you exercise your right to erasure, we will retain a core set of personal data which will include: name, address, email, telephone number and unique identification number so that we do not contact you inadvertently in future.
We may also need to retain some financial records about you for statutory purposes.
We will always respect a request by you to stop contact by any or all methods of communication, or for any specific purpose.
If you have any queries about this privacy notice or how we process your personal data, you can contact our RUBICON CENTRE, by email: email@example.com by telephone: +353 214928900 or by post: GDPR Office, RUBICON CENTRE, CIT Campus, Bishopstown, Cork, T12 Y275.