New Frontiers: How to start your own business.
The New Frontiers programme is the answer to how to start your own business for many early stage entrepreneurs. New Frontiers is the national entrepreneur development programme supported by Enterprise Ireland and delivered in Cork through the Rubicon Centre. It is the ultimate support to help you develop your idea into a successful start-up.
Phase 1: How to start your own business
Phase 1 assists you with the development of your business idea. We assist you with validating your market opportunity and provide guidance on the next steps for your venture. Experienced trainers and mentors with help you to understand the fundamentals of how to start your own business.
Expressions of interest are accepted on an ongoing basis. Next programme to commence early 2018.
Phase 2: How to secure Capital Investment
Phase 2 is a 6 month full time programme that is designed to assist you with securing capital investment for your idea. The supports available are as follows:
- Training in all areas of business including financial management, market research & validation, business modelling, patenting, product development, marketing and sales.
- Mentoring from experienced business advisers and practitioners.
- Office space in the Rubicon Incubation Centre.
- €15,000 seed funding scholarship to cover full-time participation in the six month course.
- Networking with other entrepreneurs and business development agencies.
- Introductions to seed and early stage capital investment networks.
- Access to entrepreneurship best practice, both national and international.
- Peer-group learning from participants in the region and across the country.
- Access to the expertise in Enterprise Ireland through their Market Information Centre.
- Expertise from Academic staff of CIT and support from our dedicated team at the Rubicon.
Now accepting expressions of interest, closing date for expressions of interest: Thursday July 6th 2017.
Phase 3 – Developing the business
Businesses emerging from Phase 2 will then be guided to the government supports that can best help them at their particular stage of development. Further incubation facilities and support may be available to participants for a limited period.
The New Frontiers programme helps entrepreneurs achieve capital investment in a variety of ways.
The Rubicon Centre has been delivering start up support programmes since 1998, and has helped in excess of 60 start-ups secure seed funding. This funding could be through other government agencies including Local Enterprise Offices and Enterprise Ireland, debt finance through banks or equity funding through angel investors or venture capital funds. The Rubicon Centre has access to a network of investors who are both enthusiastic and passionate about start-ups.
Our New Frontiers Alumni have grown and prospered since their participation on the programme. Start-up growth helps to create jobs in Ireland; a key focus of the New Frontiers Programme. These are a selection of Rubicon Centre start-ups that have succeeded as a result of New Frontiers or its precursor, the Genesis Programme.